Saturday, March 14, 2009

SXSW Friday - Opening Night

Welcome to my blog!

First movie I saw was "The 2 Bobs". I'll say this....it was filmed in Austin and if you can make it through, the ending is better than the beginning and middle.

Next I waited in the cold and wet (uh, it's Austin in March...I need sunshine!) to see "ExTerminators". Jennifer Coolidge played the straight character well and this chick flick had some of the best one liners I have heard in a long time. A must see for any one that has been burned by an ex. Amber Heard (who has a ton of films in pre-production) is so striking. That black hair and pale skin. Why is Heather Graham so forgettable these days?

Some comments about the attendees at SXSW Film (these were all fellow SXSW'ers at "ExTerminators"):

1. Turn off the tones on your phone so when you are texting during the Q&A.
2. Hey jerk who was on the phone during the Q&A, take it outside.
3. And guy who was snoring during the beginning of the movie, just be glad I wasn't sitting next to you.

So far so good. I'm disappointed there are no SX shorts at the beginnings of the films. Where is Kent Osbourne when you need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment