Saturday, March 14, 2009

Day 2 - SXSW


Let me just say, I'm at home wrapped up in my electric blanket. The Paramount was the same temperature as the outside. Sunshine will be much welcomed tomorrow.

Definite highlight of the night was seeing "Moon" and Sam Rockwell. He finally made it to SXSW. "Moon" was directed and written by Duncan Jones (son of David Bowie). Interesting story, great acting by Sam Rockwell and looked more expensive than what they spent. Basically Sam plays the lone employee of a moon base station whose only companion is GERTY a robot (voice by Kevin Spacey).

Next movie was "Alexander the Last" by Joe Swanberg. It is his fifth movie at SXSW in 5 years and it not only premiered tonight at SXSW, you can catch it on IFC's Festival Direct via On Demand. (http://www.ifcfilms.com/) I've enjoyed all of the Joe Swanburg films I've seen. He worked with professional actors this time. Jess Weixler of "Teeth" (which I have on my Netflix), Amy Seimetz and Barlow Jacobs. First Swanberg film I've seen where there hasn't been male frontal nudity. As my friend Sven said "I've seen more male frontal nudity with you than any other person".

One recurring theme during this year's festival is bird poop. Friday night I found my car covered in bird poop, I mean covered. Had to stop at a Chevron at 1am to go through the car wash. Tonight I looked down at my jacket and there was a tiny bit of bird poop. I think I have been christened enough.

Tomorrow I'll post a pic of Sam Rockwell if it turns out. Now it is time to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment